Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On the road


After about four days of traveling, I am finally getting around to writing here. Too much running around. Too many unpleasant and time-consuming tasks.

Assessing the state of my poor automobile, which has rested in a garage for the better part of a year in a couple of garages.

Reviving the dead battery. Trying to change the flat tire.

Determining that the frame is too rusted to support the car's weight on a jack.

Shopping for a new car.

None of this is fun - nor even that interesting for me. But - I decided to start making the most of the trip - chronicling it as best I can. I'll start posting some some of the photos from the last few days - perhaps interesting for people who have never traveled this stretch. I'll also include some other snippets of creative info that I come across from time to time.

(Here is a shot of the Blue Ridge Mountain Range, looking from North Carolina into Tennessee.)

5 comments:

The Kin'Xp said...

Nice pages!
we like your blogging style and we want to advice your blog.
If you want us to link your blog in our site,
put us in your blogroll and

1.send us your site/blog address;
2.send us a representative image of your blog (if you have one);
3.send us a detailed description of your site.

we would be honored to advice your blog on ours!
anyway, keep on with your great work!



ilinkyoursite staff
"I link your site"

Ani said...

So, you settled for something modest, like a Hummer?...

Eric said...

Hmm. Yes, you know how useful those vehicles are - protecting me from flak as I drive the dangerous streets of Binghamton, NY.

No, I'm going for a Honda. The first car I bought was a Honda Civic - '78 model. I'm going now for a 2000 model. Not cheap - but not too expensive & Honda's are dependable in general.

DiSCo said...

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it

to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading..
seslisohbet
seslichat
sesli sohbet
sesli chat
sesli
sesli site
görünlütü sohbet
görüntülü chat
kameralı sohbet
kameralı chat
sesli sohbet siteleri
sesli chat siteleri
görüntülü sohbet siteleri
görüntülü chat siteleri
kameralı sohbet siteleri
canlı sohbet
sesli muhabbet
görüntülü muhabbet
kameralı muhabbet
seslidunya
seslisehir
sesli sex

DiSCo said...

Thank you for sharing a nice article.
seslisohbet