Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Protestors may no longer be sleeping in Zuccotti Park, but they have not left the city. This morning, I heard the helicopter first. I gave it no thought. A traffic helicopter, I thought. Then, I heard faint chants - the "hey, hey...." rhythm. Something has got to go. That's the way the ubiquitous chant goes. I opened the window - and sure enough, the protestors were down the street protesting at the Credit Suisse building. I decided to get my laundry chore done & investigate the scene on my errand. The protestors, it turned out, were objecting to the 17th Annual Aerospace & Defense Financing Conference being held in the building. As a hand-out put it: "The CEOs of 30 A&D corporations are pitching business investment plans to Wall Street executives. Pentagon speakers will assure CEOs and investors that budgets will be cut for the 99% but that profits will continue for the military-industrial complex and the 1%." In other protest news, the students at Baruch College rallied again on Monday. Here's the video I made of that event.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

Well over 160000 women and men are losing weight with a simple and SECRET "liquid hack" to lose 1-2lbs each night while they sleep.

It is effective and it works every time.

Here's how to do it yourself:

1) Get a clear glass and fill it up half glass

2) Now use this awesome HACK

so you'll become 1-2lbs skinnier as soon as tomorrow!